Welcome to the 2021-2022 winter season! Well … almost. The weather is messing up our opening plans, but not to worry – there have been plenty of epic seasons that start off slow.
We had pushed back opening weekend to December 18th, but with the warm weather that just won’t happen. It looks like we will be opening right around Christmas. Many people are asking about buying tickets online, but we really do need to hold off until we have a firm opening date and operating schedule until we are full swing. No need to jam up the system with date transfers this early on!!
In the meantime, here are:
Eight things that you can do now while you wait for the 2021-2022 winter season to start:
- You can finish up your holiday shopping, because if we do open before the big day, you will want to be on the mountain and not at the mall. If you don’t celebrate the holidays, then wrap up your birthday, anniversary, and valentines’ gifts for the season!
- This is a good time to trim your toenails and give them a coat of polish if you are so inclined. A trip to patrol for a twisted ankle or cold feet will be more pleasant for everyone if you’re not ashamed of your feet.
- Do some lunges and squats. You will need to fire up those muscles because they are about to get a workout! We don’t want to see any jellyfish legs on the first day.
- Practice patience. Go sit in a dark room, put on some nice meditation music, and find your center.
- Download the Weather Channel app. Accuweather. Weatherbug. It needs to be at least in the low 20’s to make snow, so when your weather app is telling you it’s 40 or 60 degrees outside, you already know that we will not be opening the next day.
- Spend time with loved ones and friends now because you’ll forget their names on the first powder day.
- If your loved one, significant other, or life partner does not ski or snowboard, just go on 1-800-flowers now and give them your cc number. Make sure there is no dollar limit.
- Wear your pajamas inside out and backwards, put a spoon under your pillow, flush five trays of ice cubes; anything you can do to help Mother Nature see how badly we want winter to come would be appreciated.
Trust me – we want to be making snow around the clock, we want to be open, we want to sell you tickets. We are not keeping this information to ourselves, there are no secret scrolls, passwords, or promo codes. As soon as we know when opening date is, and when tickets will be on sale, we will let you know.
See you soon!