Mount Peter COVID-19 Rules & Procedures 2020-2021
To have the best season possible Mount Peter will follow NYS guidelines for COVID-19 listed by the Dept of Health and the State of NY. We ask that all members of the race team, season pass holders, ski school participants, tubing participants, guests, and parents follow the guidelines. Our top priority is the health and safety of our staff and guests. We are committed to health, safety, and cleanliness. These are ever-changing times and these procedures and rules may change at any time.
- All employees, athletes, and guests must wear a face-covering whenever they are directly interacting or unable to maintain at least six feet of social distance. Mask wearing is required: in lift lines, on lifts, during training sessions except when actively skiing, and in all buildings (except when eating). Social distancing should be practiced by all.
- All employees, athletes, and mountain school participants will be required to complete a health screening questionnaire before training/work each day.
- Spectators will not be allowed at the mountain. Please wait for your skiing or riding or tubing participant inside of your car.
- Your car will be your base lodge this season. Please boot up in your car. Race shed will not be available for use for athletes or parents. Bags, coolers, etc. will not be allowed in any lodge.
- Base lodges will be restricted to 50% capacity with a 30 minute per table time limit. Outside food will not be allowed in either lodge and outside alcoholic beverages are not allowed on-premises. There will be no available space to linger, occupy seating, or work on your laptop.
- If you arrive together you may ride the lift together. Also Mountain School and All Race program participants may ride the lift together within their training group, however, if a racer or mountain school participant prefers to ride alone Mount Peter will have Ol’ Pete available as our COVID Lift and the participant will be responsible for finding their group after unloading at the top of the mountain. Participants in either category will not ride the lift with members of the public.
- If anyone in the household is sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. Remember, don’t be the reason we lose our season!
Exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present. Mount Peter has implemented protocols to prioritize guest health and safety, but we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed to COVID-19 during your visit. The risk of being exposed or becoming sick due to COVID-19 cannot be eliminated. Every skier and rider shares the responsibility for a safe and healthy skiing experience. It is your responsibility to read and comply with all instructions and signage posted at Mount Peter and on our website. Stay home if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Wear a face covering in all areas and maintain at least 6 feet of physical distancing from other guests, including lift lines. Wash and sanitize your hands frequently. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to quarantine, severe illness, and death in any individual. BY VISITING MOUNT PETER, YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISKS RELATED TO EXPOSURE TO CORONAVIRUS AND/OR COVID-19.
Mount Peter 20-21 Refund Policy:
During this uncertain time with COVID, please keep in mind that any purchase made is a risk. Mount Peter’s season passes are non-refundable and non-transferable. Mount Peter’s programs are non-refundable, and will not be extended, even if your child misses time due to illness. The only circumstance that would cause Mount Peter to consider a partial credit, less a 20% administrative fee, for the following season would occur if we are mandated to shut down by the government. Before purchasing this program, please consider the risks involved. Upon payment, you agree to the above terms.
Weather related transfer requests are not accommodated within the 7 days prior to your arrival.